The 7th National Congress of Diabetic Neuropathy and Diabetic Foot, with international participation, which took place on 10-12 October 2019, in Bucharest, Romania, started with the Debating-conference “Stop amputations! Act now!” This scientific event was organized by the Diabetic Neuropathy Society from Romania.
International and national key opinion leaders with expertise in diabetic neuropathy and diabetic foot highlighted the news and progress concerning the management of these two most severe complications of diabetes.
The diabetic foot section brought forth a large array of topics:
- The GLP1-RA - a game changer in diabetic foot?
- New 2019 Guideline of IWGDF;
- The application of medical thermography in diabetic foot disease;
- The approach of diabetic foot before and after interventional treatment;
- A therapeutic approach of the diabetic foot - The view of the orthopaedic surgeon;
- Skin manifestations in the diabetic foot;
- Management of diabetic foot in a day patient admission;
- Diabetic foot ulceration – single lesion, multiple approaches;
- Proposal of Protocol for diabetic foot exam in patients at risk of a plantar foot ulcer. A physical therapy and biomechanical approach;
- Frequency of clinical features of the diabetic foot examined with the MNSI diagnostic test - in patients with diabetes over 10 years.